Course Waivers


The Harvard Chan School does not accept transfer credits from other academic institutions. However, students who have taken equivalent courses at another School of Public Health may petition to waive or substitute a requirement. All MPH-45 and MPH-65 students must still fulfill the 45/65 (respective of program) credit minimum requirement in order to graduate.


Students requesting to waive or substitute a requirement should submit petitions to the MPH-OEP Office before the Fall/Fall 1 add/drop deadline for required fall courses and before the Spring/Spring 1 add/drop deadline for required spring courses. For dates, see the academic calendar.

How / Who to Contact

This process is different depending on which required course the student would like to waive or substitute.