This site serves to provide students with information needed to submit a request to waive your introductory biostatistics and epidemiology courses. These courses include EPI 201, EPI 500, BST 201, BST 202/203, and ID 201.
Before submitting a waiver request, please take a moment to review the syllabus for the course using the Harvard Syllabus Explorer (you will need to sign in with your HarvardKey). If after reviewing the syllabus you wish to submit a request to waive the course, follow the instructions below.
Note: Only students who have previously completed at least one semester of a graduate-level Biostatistics and/or Epidemiologic Methods course can submit the required documents listed below. All students in the Biostatistics department are already considered “waived” from the intro Biostat courses (BST 201 or ID 201), and do not have to complete this requirement for those courses. This includes BST, CBQG, and HDS SM students.
If you are requesting to waive two courses (i.e. EPI 201 and BST 201), please submit each request separately.
- Download the core course waiver form and complete the appropriate form based off your degree program.
- Collect syllabi and course descriptions of previously completed graduate- level courses (Please provide translated syllabi if they are not written in English)
- Collect transcripts documenting final grades in biostatistics and/or epidemiologic methods courses
- Complete survey and upload all supporting documents
- Priority Deadline to submit waiver requests: July 29th (12pm)
- Decisions will be sent to your Harvard University email address by August 9th
- Waiver requests received after July 29th will be reviewed before the add/drop deadline on September 9th
*All times are Boston/ET
Questions can be directed to:
- Eric DiGiovanni (firstname.lastname@example.org – EPI 201 and ID 201)
- Jelena Follweiler (email@example.com – BST 201 and ID 201)