Each Summer Term is comprised of two sessions that run for 6 weeks each:
|Summer session 1
|Summer session 2
|Full Summer session
The Master of Science 42.5 Credit Summer Only Degree Program can start with two separate paths. The path you pick will determine your program schedule (please see course schedules below):
Curriculum Overviews & Course Guides
Considerations for Electives
- Summer Only Students may take Winter Session Courses on Campus. International students who wish to take courses during the Winter Session MUST contact Eric DiGiovanni (Edigiova@hsph.harvard.edu) & the Harvard International Office to ensure enrollment does not impact Student Visa status.
- Summer Only Students are allowed to take up to 6.5 online credits per term and a max of 11.25 credits for the entire degree program. Online courses are part of the MPH in Epidemiology Program. Students in the MPH program have priority for enrollment, but online courses are also available to Summer Only Students if space permits.
Supervised Research Project (Epi 315) Thesis Guidelines
- Students are not required to be on campus while completing Epi 315.
- The Thesis will be supervised by a local mentor and Harvard faculty mentor. Ideally the Harvard faculty member that the students chooses should be selected by the end of their second semester.
- Students can take between 5-12.5 credits of Epi 315 that can be counted towards their degree.
- Before registering for Epi 315, students will need to fill out this Qualtrics survey and submit a Thesis Planning Form to Dr. Heather Baer and Jeffrey Noyes at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.