The Department of Nutrition was well represented at the 3rd Annual Harvard Chan Poster Day, where students, postdocs, and research associates gathered to present and discuss their work.
Presenters from the department included:
- Alyssa Moran, Sugar-Sweetened Beverage (SSB) Marketing During Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) Benefit Issuance: Insight from Three New York Counties
- Amanda C. McClain, Food insecurity, food assistance, and 5-year odds of allostatic load in Puerto Rican older adults
- Changzheng Yuan, Validation of Nutrient Intakes Assessed by Questionnaire, 24-hour Recalls, and Diet Records Compared with Urinary and Plasma Biomarkers: Findings for Women
- Donghoon Lee, Development and validation of anthropometric predicition equations for lean body mass, fat mass, and percent fat using the NHANES 1999-2006
- Gang Liu, Meat Cooking Methods and Risk of Type 2 Diabetes: Results from Three Prospective Cohort Studies
*Laila Al-Shaar, Weight change, BMI, and mortality among survivors of myocardial infarction: Analysis of two prospective US cohort studies
- Laura B. Harrington, Amount and Frequency of Alcohol Consumption and the Risk of Incident Pulmonary Embolism in the Nurses’ Health Study
- *Manja Koch, Apolipoproteins and their subspecies in human cerebrospinal fluid and plasma
- Martha Tamez, Breakfast consumption, eating frequency, and central obesity among adults living in Puerto Rico
- Xiaoran Liu, Changes in Dietary Fat Intake and Long-term Weight Change in US Women and Men
- Yan Zheng, Associations of weight gain from early to middle adulthood with major health outcomes in later life
*Laila Al-Shaar’s poster won the award for “Audience Favorite,” and Manja Koch received honorable mention in the “Postdoc and Research Associates” poster category.
Poster Day was created for members of the school community to engage in interdisciplinary interaction, share research results, and generate new ideas. A full compilation of presentations can be found in the event’s abstract book.
The event was sponsored by the Harvard Chan School’s Postdoctoral Association and Student Association, with support from the Office of Faculty Affairs, the Office of Student Affairs, and Dean Michelle Williams.