Start or Renew a Student Organization
How To Start or Renew a Student Organization
NOTE All existing HSPH Student Organizations must follow these steps for renewal. The process has been revised for 2013-14, please read the guidelines carefully. There will be no exceptions to this process.
There are two steps to applying for recognition or renewal as an HSPH student organization
- Submit your organization’s proposed Name, Mission Statement and Objectives by Friday September 20, 2013 for fall semester recognition and Friday January 31, 2014 for spring semester recognition.
Submit the following by Friday October 4, 2013 (fall) and Friday February 14, 2014 (spring)
Note that organizations recognized in the spring semester receive prorated funding
- Names, HSPH email addresses, and signatures of at least 10 current HSPH students who agree to actively participate in your organization
- Email from a current HSPH faculty member who agrees to to serve as the organization’s Faculty Adviser for that academic year
- Student organization Constitution according to the guidelines in the Student Organization Handbook.
- Email one electronic copy and deliver one hard copy signed by 3 elected officers to OSA in Kresge G-20
- Each officer must also submit a signed Sexual Harassment Attestation Form and a Hazing Attestation Form.
Once all documents have been submitted and reviewed, you will receive your budget allocation and the Treasurer for your organization will be set-up as a vendor.