HSPH Student Electronic Communication Policies
All students are required to have an HSPH email account, to check it and to view the HSPH student portal on a regular basis. Important information is disseminated through these electronic methods.
Do you have an message that you want to get out to students?
A great way to reach our students is through our Student News which goes out to students every morning. Please review the following guidelines before submitting an announcement to the Student News and keep in mind, the Office for Student Affairs has the right to edit, approve, or deny any submissions.
To post messages to the digest and to the portal you should use the following on-line web form:
Guidelines for Posting to Student News and the Portal
- In most cases, events or other announcements may only be advertised up to two times on Student News. If you wish to have your announcement published more than once, you must resubmit it with a new publish date; it is not automatically republished.
- To help students plan their schedules, events can be submitted in advance.
- Student News will be sent every day during academic terms, less often during winter break, spring break and summer session.
- Announcements must be submitted by 5pm the previous day.
- We send Student News each day at 11am; unless there is an exceptional circumstance.
- For sale items and housing announcements are not permitted on Student News. Please submit these to the Classified website
- Submissions are reviewed by OSA staff and may be edited before they are sent out in order to adhere to the formatting parameters of the technology.
- Policies may be changed and exceptions may be made at the discretion of the Office for Student Services.
How to Plan and Advertise an Event
- Student events (academic and social) are planned by students by working with the Office for Student Affairs: http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/student-handbook/student-life
- To advertise such events on the HSPH events calendar: https://webapps.sph.harvard.edu/live/calendar/, email Student Affairs.
- Once the event is listed on the HSPH calendar, students may highlight certain events in the “Student News” by filling out this FORM.