How do I access a shared/resource account via the web access?
- Login to your personal account by opening a web browser and navigating to mso.harvard.edu.
- Click on the user icon at the top right of the screen and choose “Open another mailbox” from the menu that appears.
- In the box the pops up, enter the email address of the shared account and select it from the search menu that appears, them click on “Open”.
NOTE: If you don’t have an office 365 account: You can still access the mailbox by opening a browser and navigating to the account url. The url will be “https://outlook.office.com/owa/mailboxemailaddress/?offline=disabled#”. So if the shared account’s email address was “email@example.com” the complete url to access it would be https://firstname.lastname@example.org/?offline=disabled#.
How do I open a shared/resource account from Outlook for Windows?
- Open Outlook and click on the File menu at the top right.
- Click on “Account Settings” and then choose “Account Settings” again from the drop down menu.
- Click on your email address in the list to select it and then click on the “Change…” button just above.
- Click on the “More Settings …” button.
- Click on the “Advanced” tab in the window that appears, and then click on the “Add…” button.
- Enter the shared account email address into the “Add mailbox:” window that appears and click on the “OK” button.
- You should see the account listed under Mailboxes now. Click “OK” to close the Microsoft Exchange Window.
- Click the “Next” button to move forward in adding the account in the Change Account Window.
- Click the “Finish” button in the Change Account window to save the changes.
- Click the “Close” button in the Account Settings window to close out of your account settings.
- Your shared account should begin downloaded messages and can be access from the main Outlook menu just below your primary email account.