Dropbox accounts are available to faculty, researchers, and affiliated staff who need a file-sharing tool that allows for collaboration outside of Harvard. For collaborating inside Harvard, the preferred solutions remain Microsoft OneDrive, Microsoft SharePoint, and the S: drive.
- Free for faculty with external collaboration needs
- $48/account/year for researchers and staff as of FY24 (a significant discount from the consumer price)
- Non-faculty accounts will be billed annually by the SPH IT Department.
To request an account complete this Dropbox request form. Requests will be reviewed and approved based on external collaboration needs. Once the form is submitted and approved, a Harvard Dropbox account technician will contact you to walk you through the account setup process.
- Dropbox is a simple and easy-to-use tool
- 1 TB of default storage per user that is accessible on multiple devices
- It supports storage of Level 1, 2, and 3 data behind HarvardKey
- Customizable file permissions
- Document version control
- Desktop file synchronization
- Dropbox Paper – an online document workspace, where you can organize and display text, media, and files all in one place. Paper lets you easily collaborate with others and access your Paper docs from anywhere.
For questions about account eligibility or to discuss Dropbox features, contact the Helpdesk at 617-432-HELP or firstname.lastname@example.org.