Beginning July 22nd, 2022, the SPH Filr system will be upgraded to version 4. Along with this update comes a few UI and feature differences.
Why are we upgrading?
- Filr 4 adds new features and security enhancements.
What will stay the same?
- You will still log in using your Harvard Key credentials.
- The server’s name and webpage locations will remain https://filr.sph.harvard.edu.
- You will still be able to upload and download files from your SPH shared folders.
What will change?
- You can now preview most files in your browser without downloading the file first.
- The site has several visual changes and the location of the navigation bar has moved.
The new Filr page
The new Filr website will still be accessed at https://filr.sph.harvard.edu, but the page layout and icons have changed.
- You will continue to use your Harvard Key username and password to log in.
- Please remember the Filr system should only be used to access data security level 3 or lower files. More information can be found at https://policy.security.harvard.edu.
|Old Filr login page||New Filr login page|
Navigating the new Filr site:
Once you log in, you will arrive at the new Filr home page.
- To get to the Netfolders page where you can access your SPH shared folders, click on the icon from the menu on the left of the page.
- To sign out of Filr, click the dropdown at the top right of the page and choose “Sign out”.
From the Netfolders page, you can access your files on the SPH shared folders.
- Clicking on a file or the icon will open a preview of the file in the browser
- You can download the file by clicking on the icon to the right of the file name.
- You can upload a file by clicking the icon at the top left of the page after you have navigated to a folder where you have permission to upload files.
- You can create a new folder by clicking the icon at the top left of the page after you have navigated to a folder where you have permission to create subfolders.