WordPress is an open source content management system (CMS). The School’s website, as well as most websites affiliated with the School, are powered by WordPress. Chances are very high that your department, laboratory, or office uses a website powered by WordPress, and at some point, you may need to update it.
Key features and benefits
- easy-to-use and industry-standard, open source, web publishing tool
- deliver content easily and beautifully to the web
- SPH approved logos and other branding in every template
- mobile-first design allowing optimized viewing on a phone, tablet, or computer
- all monitoring and system updates done centrally by SPH Web Team
- hosted in the cloud on Amazon Web Services with a flexible and redundant architecture
- many plug-ins (Facebook, Twitter, SEO, Youtube and other media players), templates, and other functionality is available standard
- integrated with HarvardKey with multiple levels of administration available; easy to create SPH only, Harvard only, or other password protected sites
- optimized for speed (images, pages) as well as search engine optimization by SPH Web Team
- analytic provided for each site via Google Analytics
- beginner and advanced training offered by the SPH web team
Core Service - Provided at no cost
Websites hosted on our platform using standard features are free.
Premium service - With associated cost
Custom theme and plugin development is outsourced to vendors.
How to get started
To learn more about what options are available to you, and how to get started, please visit the Web Communications Working Group’s page on web publishing.