The Operations Office features office/lab relocation services. If you need something relocated or rearranged; please complete a Moving Request Form and send it to the Operations Office, Kresge, LL-15. Requests should be made for Wednesdays.
The following are some precautions you should take prior to moving:
- Please be sure that the dimensions of equipment, furniture, etc., will fit into their new space.
- Please detail all items that need to be moved.
- Please have any computer and electrical equipment disconnected prior to moving.
- Please contact Information Technology at (617-432-4357) if help is required with moving computers and printers. Note: A two-week minimum notice is required.
- Please label all the items you want to move.
- Empty all bookcases and lateral filing cabinet.
- Packing boxes are available to request. If not returned after move, department will be charged $3.00 per box.
- If you’re requesting any items back from the storage facility, please provide the file and inventory #s. If you do not have them, please provide the department name, the date when the items were moved to the storage, and detailed description.
- The location of telephone jacks and hard wiring for computers should be analyzed prior to re-arranging an office.
- Terminating existing voice/data services and activating new services is the department’s responsibility. Please call HUIT at 617-495-4900 for phone services and Information Technology at 617-432-4357 for data services. A quote and estimated time frame will be issued for new wall jack installs or moves of existing wall jacks. Note: Voice and Data activation requires a minimum of 10 working days notification in writing.
- Fill out the HLC Lab Move-in Checklist
- Fill out the HLC Lab Move-out Checklist
For more information on moving services please call the Operations Office at 617-432-1152.