Enrolling in Yearlong Courses

HSPH yearlong courses are split into Fall and Spring sections. Credit is split evenly between the sections, and both must be completed to receive credit for the course.

To enroll in a yearlong course, students should enroll for the Fall section in my.harvard like any other class. Students will be enrolled automatically in the Spring section by the Registrar’s Office and will not able to make changes to this Spring enrollment in my.harvard.

The Fall and Spring sections are listed as Full Term but may have meetings in Fall 1, 2 or Spring 1, 2. Information about meeting dates and times will be contained in the full catalog listing.

Students will receive the grade of ‘IP’ (In Progress) for the course at the end of the Fall semester. They will receive their final grade at the end of the Spring semester.