Changing Full-Time/Part-Time Status

Students wishing to change their status to Part-time or Full-time for any reason should first meet with their advisor and program head/academic coordinator. Students can submit their request through the General Petition Form after getting the required signatures.

Full-time status for academic year degree students at HSPH is between 15 and 27.5 credits. Part-time status is fewer than 15 credits.

Changing to Full-time or Part-time may result in a new expected graduation date. Please note that students expecting to graduate early are still expected to fulfill the full financial cost of their degree.

Students switching their status should check in with the Financial Aid Office if they have questions about loans and scholarships. International Students should reach out to the HIO before submitting a petition to understand visa implications.