An official transcript includes the student’s name, degree program(s), courses taken, grades received, date(s) of the degree(s) conferred, and GPA. The transcript is printed with the registrar’s signature and the Harvard Chan School seal, placed in an envelope with an explanation of the School’s grading system, and sealed. If the seal is broken, the transcript is considered unofficial. Students who would like to review their grades before sending them to a third party should use the grade report feature via my.harvard.

Students can request transcripts through Parchment. There are fees associated with this service.

If a student requests a transcript (official/unofficial) and has an outstanding financial obligation to the Harvard Chan School or Harvard University, the transcript will bear the notations “Issued to Student” and “Student’s financial obligations to the University have not been met.” These transcripts will not be sent to third parties. Transcripts cannot be issued to third parties for students facing disciplinary proceedings.

Transcripts from other schools submitted by students to the Harvard Chan School as part of the admissions process to the School remain part of the student’s permanent record. These transcripts are never sent to third parties. Students must obtain copies of these transcripts from the school where the academic credits were earned and the degree awarded.

Some institutions will not accept transcripts that have not been sent directly to them by the registrar. Students should check with the third party before requesting a transcript.