We had a very successful Eating Disorders & Body Confidence Advocacy Day at the Massachusetts State House on November, 21, 2019. Advocates joined STRIPED, Jameela Jamil, activist and founder of I Weigh, Rep. Kay Khan, MEDA, NEDA, My Power People, and Be Real USA for a sensational day as we educated Massachusetts lawmakers from across the state about eating disorders and advocate in support of two Massachusetts House bills to promote body confidence in young people. If passed into law, H.1942 will keep dangerous diet pills and muscle-building supplements out of the hands of Massachusetts youth, and H.3892 will help to get rid of digital alteration of ad images that promote harmful beauty norms.
- Watch the full briefing on Facebook Live here.
- News coverage on Massachusetts Eating Disorders & Body Confidence Advocacy Day:
- Eating disorder prevention advocates take aim at ‘toxic diet culture’, Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
- Jameela Jamil Stopped by the State House for Eating Disorder Prevention Day, Boston Magazine
- Actress Advocates Body Positivity On Beacon Hill, WBZ News Radio
- Social media coverage: