- STRIPED & AED Press Release:
Read the press release on this groundbreaking report here.
- Press Conference with STRIPED, AED, and Deloitte Access Economics:
On Wednesday, June 24, 2020, at 5p ET, STRIPED, along with the Academy for Eating Disorders (AED), hosted a press conference to release the results of the most comprehensive study of the social and economic costs of eating disorders in the United States to date. Johanna Kandel, founder and executive director of the Alliance for Eating Disorders Awareness moderated the press conference. STRIPED Director S. Bryn Austin, Natasha Doherty and Jared Streatfeild of Deloitte Access Economics spoke on behalf of the report. Watch the full recording of the press conference here. Slides from the press conference are available here.
- Facebook Live Events on the report:
- On Wednesday, July 15, 2020, STRIPED Director Bryn Austin and family advocate, Cherie Monarch, discussed the recent groundbreaking report on the social and economic cost of eating disorders on a Facebook Live Event with The Alliance for Eating Disorder Awareness. Watch the full Facebook Live event here.
- On Monday, July 27, 2020, STRIPED Director Bryn Austin discussed the report with the National Eating Disorders Association (NEDA). Watch the full Facebook Live event here.
- The Hill op-ed:
STRIPED Director Bryn Austin, along with colleagues Christine Peat and Cynthia Bulik from University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and the National Center of Excellence for Eating Disorders wrote an op-ed for The Hill on July 22. Austin, Peat, and Bulik offer a call to action to federal agencies and lawmakers looking to address the astounding impact eating disorders have on society. Read the full op-ed here.
- Great Day Washington WUSA News Interview:
STRIPED Director Bryn Austin was interviewed on Great Day Washington WUSA about the findings of the Economic report. Watch the full interview that aired on July 2, 2020 here.
- HealthDay, Eating Disorders Cost Billions in the U.S.
- The Seattle Lesbian, New findings on eating disorders as pandemic exacerbates problem
- Mental Health Weekly, Report finds untreated eating disorders costing U.S. billions
- Psychiatry & Behavioral Health Learning Network, Eating Disorders on the Rose, Study Finds