On December 9, 2020, primary and secondary school professionals joined Founder and Executive Director of BE REAL, Denise Hamburger, and STRIPED Director S. Bryn Austin, for a free evidence-informed training on how to create a Body Confident School.
For those of you who didn’t get the chance to attend, we recorded the full training, which can be found below:
Please find the links below to all of the materials and information that were mentioned during the training:
- BE REAL has uploaded some helpful tools and documents you can use in your own school. Find them here: https://hsph.me/be-real-tools
- Inquiry form to have BE REAL present a half-day or full-day workshop for teachers, coaches, counselors, and administrators at your school: https://hsph.me/be-real-inquiry
- BE REAL’s website: https://berealusa.org/
- STRIPED is also offering 3-CME for school nurses and other pediatric nurses and physicians to take a free, brief, online training in eating disorders screening and referral in pediatric settings, including school health clinics. Register for the course, “Screening, Symptom Recognition & Referral to Treatment for Eating Disorders in Pediatric Primary Care Settings,” here: https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/striped/webinar-and-e-course/. Please also share with school nursing colleagues who may be interested in this brief professional training with CME.
- Link to the Economic Costs of Eating Disorders Report: https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/striped/report-economic-costs-of-eating-disorders/