Template for Speaking with a Legislative Staff Member Over the Phone

Please personalize the italicized lines.

Hello,

My name is name and I’m a constituent. I’m calling to urge Senator/Representative name to support An Act Protecting Children From Harmful Diet Pills and Muscle-Building Supplements (Massachusetts HB1195), which was filed by Representative Kay Khan.

Massachusetts HB1195 would limit the sale of diet pills and muscle-building supplements to adults over the age of 18 only, and would require stores and pharmacies to keep these products behind the counter. Adults 18 years and older would be free to purchase these products by asking pharmacy staff or a store supervisor for help. These products can be dangerous, and keeping minors from accessing them is an important public health issue. In fact, the American Academy of Pediatrics, the nation’s leading pediatrician group, strongly cautions against teens using any diet pills or muscle-building supplements.

I hope that Senator/Representative name joins me and leaders including Representative Khan by supporting HB1195. For more information, call Representative Khan’s office at (617) 722-2011 and visit tinyurl.com/outofkidshandsMA.

Thank you!