The purpose of the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health Research Scientist Association (Harvard Chan Research Scientist Association/HCRSA) shall be comprised of three primary goals:
- To advocate for Research Scientists at all levels within the School, including:
- To provide a collective voice for the issues that are relevant and of interest to Research Scientists at HSPH.
- To provide a liaison between Research Scientists and the administration and faculty of HSPH.
- To support Research Scientists in their professional development, including:
- To promote professional enrichment, development and training of Research Scientists at HSPH.
- To provide for efficient dissemination of relevant information about such topics to all Research Scientists at HSPH.
- To build community between Research Scientists, and between Research Scientists and others in the School.
- To establish a formal forum for Research Scientists to meet and discuss issues of importance to them at HSPH.
- To promote social interaction and create an environment in which peer support is openly sought and available for Research Scientists.
- To enhance the experience of Research Scientists and appreciate Research Scientists as an important part of the HSPH community.
- To help new incoming Research Scientists integrate into the HSPH community.