Faculty wishing to recommend the promotion of a research scientist should consult with their department administrator for information on the procedures to be followed.
- job description (should provide detailed description of activities research scientist will be engaged in)
- letter from department chair supporting the appointment
- three letters of recommendation (letters may be solicited from peers and mentors but not from trainees)
- the research scientist’s current CV (peer-reviewed publications should be listed separately from other publications; publications not yet accepted should not be listed; the candidate’s role in grants should be clearly stated; information about grants for which the candidate is PI or co-PI should include the dollar amount and length of the grant). BE SURE TO UPDATE YOUR CV TO HARVARD CHAN SCHOOL FORMAT! Click here to view.
- an activities statement that outlines the research scientist’s’ duties, responsibilities, and plans for future research